Skills Exchange Scotland is continually seeking work placement opportunities to support our programmes.
Are you interested and able to offer a work placement ? Some of the benefits –
- No financial cost. The participant receives a weekly training allowance or continues to receive benefit and travel costs and we provide any necessary PPE.
- If you are planning to recruit it gives you an opportunity to try out someone before you commit and also saves potential recruitment costs
- The young person is fully supported by staff from Skills Exchange Scotland who are at hand to deal with any issues
- You are providing invaluable experience for participants by helping to build employability skills and boost confidence.
- We can also advise on training and funding. For many participants if they match certain eligibility criteria there may be wage subsidies or other financial benefits available
- Placements can last from 4 – 12 weeks and trainees would usually spend 4 days a week with you max of 30 hours per week
We require employers to have the following –
- Employer’s Liability Insurance
- Fire, Accident and First Aid procedures in place
We will always carry out a Health and Safety visit to the employer’s premises prior to the young person starting.
If you would like to find out more , please contact:
East Kilbride – 07955 439784
Lanark – 01555 661094